1. Is your second toe longer than your first?
No, it's about equal.
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
A purple Papermate felt tip, hands down.
3. Look at your planner for March 14, what are you doing?
My planner ends in December. Puhlease, let me get through the week!
4. What color are your toenails usually?
I go au naturel.
5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
Probably the last thing I acted in - an adaptation of Winesburg Ohio. I don't highlight my school books, I have this silly little prioritizing system involving one, two or three lines next to any paragraph of interest.
6. What color are your bedroom curtains?
I have blinds, not curtains.
I don't own a car.
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
I'm allergic to cats, that would be - no.
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
The maintenance bill for my apartment.
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?
No, I know someone whose mom grew up there.
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
To buy produce.
12. Whose is the last baby that you held?
The Ragzzo's brother's.
13. Unlucky #?
Don't have one.
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
I don't own a car, I borrow my mom's occasionally and it's a Taurus.
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators?
17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
Never, only been to Disneyland and that was back in 1985.
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
Under the paint on my bathroom walls, but it's coming off if we can ever figure out what color we're doing the bathroom - we're thinking midnight blue dyed limestone plaster. The tiles are 1939 deco pink -any thoughts?
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?
The tea towel hanging by the kitchen sink.
20. Last person to give you a business card?
The deco antique shop in Beacon we visited last Friday.
21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
22. Closest framed picture to you?
A crazy blue photo taken by my friend Tony, a photographer, of the pigeons in Trafalgar Square.
23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
Do restaurants count? If so, that would have been Friday at a BBQ place in Beacon, otherwise The Ragzzo made veal tacos a couple of weeks ago, usually I cook.
24. Have you ever applied for welfare?
25. How many emails do you have?
Accounts or actual pieces of mail? If accounts, could be 3, could be 5, could be none of your business.
26. Last time you received flowers?
I have no idea.
27. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man & woman?
What are you - nuts? The SANCTITY of marriage? WHO THE HELL WROTE THIS THING? Sanctity is not a word that has a place in our law. If marriage is to be respected as a legal institution, it's because the two people who signed the contract keep the contract. I hope it's out of love just because that's a nice fairy tale, but that would be their business and I certainly don't care what sex they are. Seeing that most marriages do not stay together I would ask - WHAT SANCTITY? And if the government is giving out 150 benefits to men and women who make that contract they damn well better treat couples of the same sex - LIKE MINE IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING - equally. But they don't and that is insulting and demeaning. Our constitution (Happy Birthday constitution) guarantees us equal protection and we're not getting it. As a religious rite, I don't really care what marriage does - that's the business of whatever sect is marrying the people who wish to have a religious ceremony. But I am continually surprised that religious people, including those whose faith teaches that god is love, would ally themselves with so unloving a position, would wish to have fewer symbols of love and commitment in the world, and would set themselves up as some sort of police force - determining whose love is acceptable to it and whose is not. How dare every one of you.
28. Do you play air guitar?
No, knee piano.
29. Has anyone ever proposed to you?
See # 27, if they did it wouldn't matter, I couldn't marry them. The law of this country seems to be written by people who are so insecure in their personal religious beliefs that they believe those feelings should dictate our laws. It's a shame people who claim to live in a country governed by laws and not men (and women) should so pervert that intention that they must govern us by their personal religious beliefs instead.
30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
No, although your questions make me so angry, I could use a shot of whiskey in my tea.
31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
What the hell is that? If it's anything like a Hummel - that would be NO.
32. What is/was your high school's rival mascot?
My high school's rival was Stuyvesant, but that was over the Westinghouse science research awards, not football. If either of us had a mascot, it was probably a laboratory rat.
33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
Amy, she lives in my neighborhood.
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
At the lab on Saturday, before running a subject in our study.
35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
I did, and played percussion in my high school orchestra for two years.
36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
Wood, I believe the finish might be called Cherry, you know how good we are at interior decorating, which must be the reason we can't get married.
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
I read the Arts Section in the Sunday New York Times, but none of it stuck.
39. What was the last pageant you attended?
Are you kidding? Pageant?
40. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
The local joint, I know their number but not their name. I won't do name brand pizza.
41. Have you ever worn a crown?
I was a king in a play at camp when I was about five, tin foil and cardboard, made by Mom.
42. What is the last thing you stapled?
The recording form for my experiment.
43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
I don't drink soda.
44. Are you ticklish?
45. Last time you saw fireworks?
The year before last at Thunder Over Louisville for the opening of the Derby.
I tried one when they first came to New York - they do nothing for me.
47. Who is the last person that left you a message & you actually returned it?
The census bureau.
48. Last time you parked under a carport?
In Santa Fe in 1999 in the house they gave me when I was working there. It had a carport.
49. Do you have a black dog?
I'm pretty sure I did. At least, I sure hope so because if that wasn't it, it won't be pretty when it comes.
51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
Yup, four times over, five if they'd d fucking let me get married. But they would rather children had less structure and security and were surrounded by less love if they determine that love to be the wrong kind.
52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
The Ragzzo, of course.
53. What kind of soap or body wash do you use?
Dove, no scent - I have very sensitive skin - you know how sensitive we are.
54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe?
55. Do you have a little black dress?
No - even though I'm gay. Can I get married now?