Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Progress notes

And, if I may indulge myself in a little update on the fall TBR list...

Jude the Obscure
Middlemarch
(in progress)
Tanglewreck
Among the Russians
Proust and the Squid

Red Cavalry (in progress)
Eclipse
Darkmans
The Solitudes (
started, don't know if I'll get through it)
Rhythms of the Brain
Neuroscience of Cognitive Development
(in progress)
The Dead Fish Museum
In the Land of No Right Angles
(in progress)

Finished Charles D'Ambrosio's very strong collection of stories The Dead Fish Museum. My thoughts on the final story will have to wait for some time in the not-too-distant future. But see my thoughts on the others here, here, here, and here.

4 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Hi - I've popped over from Dewey's blog. Interesting link in your last post about pain. As a chronic pain sufferer, I'm drawn to any new info I can lay my little paws on. I have experienced the referred pain thing, which was relieved by surgery. I was wondering if you were going to say the ability to approximate numbers had to do with referred pain...

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Saw you over at C.B.'s and thought I'd pop by. Middlemarch, eh? Good luck with that! :)

Ted said...

Hi Julia, mutual Dewey fan. I've known some numbers to cause pain, usually in math class.

Trish - Middlemarch indeed. It's a tremendous read - want to join us?

Anonymous said...

I'm very sluggish with Middlemarch, but I manage to read a chapter. I found out I have to take up another course. I need to tune out of blogging and read more.