Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Contraband! (Books, Books, Books)




I guess I know I have to buckle down next week because I went on a rampage today. Now exhausted and dripping with sweat, I lie in a heap, panting, crumpled, but happy - the new stash has been trundled home. The titles are Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn (recommended by Imani), Outsider in Amsterdam by Jan willem van de Wetering (a library find) The Art of Detection by Laurie King(recommended by Kate), and two finds after browsing around the St. Marks Book Shop for an hour The Promise of Happiness by Justin Cartwright and Claire Messud's The Last Life (after enjoying The Emperor's Children so much). That will put me in the mood to read Psychological Testing: Principles, Applications, and Issues.
Even though I'm still finishing up Children of the Arbat, I've dipped into the Cartwright and it's lovely so far.

No comments: