Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hah-hah-hah

btt button

What’s the funniest book you’ve read recently?


I didn't read To Say Nothing of the Dog all that recently however, it's the first book I thought of when I read today's question. Connie Willis is funny, fun, and imaginative. This book is delightful - part science fiction, part love story, part wartime adventure, and of course there's the dog. I tend to expect more belly laughs from shorter pieces like some of Woody Allen's essays in Without Feathers or Steve Martin's amazing spoof on side effect inserts in medications, which was in The New Yorker quite a while back and is probably the funniest thing I have ever read.

6 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

That reminds me of Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog), by Jerome K. Jerome. I forgot to mention that on my post!

Booking through funny bones

Kill Word Verification

Ted said...

GT - This book is a comment on that one.

Susan said...

I love, love, LOVE Steve Martin! Here is my response.

JoAnn said...

I tend to listen to, rather than read, my funny books...sure makes the drive time go faster.
Steve Martin is very funny!

Lahni said...

This is the same book I chose! I'm in the middle of it right now and I'm loving it!

Nise' said...

I have this one on my TBR list.