Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Meme

This from Sheila, whose answers are probably much more fun than mine!

1.ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? Won a relay race in first grade (for the milk carton), fell over the finish line landed on both knees, then both elbows, then my face. The only lasting scars are on my knees.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? In my bedroom - a print of various flying machine designs from a 19th Century French magazine, a poster of the David Hockney Parade from the Metropolitan Opera, several paintings by my cousin Sylvia, a linolium print by her friend Casper, and a few other paintings.

3. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? I think it was 11:10 am but the time did not make a huge impression on me at the time.

4. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? Right now? A glass of wine, which is easily solved. Excuse me while I do so.

5. WHAT DO YOU MISS? Acting.

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? My most valuable possession, I guess, is my piano but prized - would probably be memorabilia of family, friends and the things I've created - so photos, things I have written and that were written to me, and the production books of my productions.

7. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'6"

8. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DAY? Sometimes.

9. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR? Getting horribly, painfully ill and having things stuck down my throat .

10. WHAT KIND OF HAIR COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? If you're asking about the hair color of the sex I'm attracted to, then you did not phrase this question in a way that is meaningful for me. If you mean to ask about my preference of hair color for the "opposite sex" in my case, female, it doesn't really matter to me. But the same would be true for guys.

11. WHAT ABOUT EYE COLOR? See above.

12. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? Tea.

13. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? I like it best plain - cheesy and well done crust - but onions, olives or pepperoni would all be ok. Do you deliver?

14. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Some tortellini and a nice light tomato sauce would go down well right now.

15. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? Purple.

16. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? If you don't mean the Pepperidge Farm kind then - no. Although I have sushi all the time, so raw fish is not a big deal for me if the water is clean and they've been kept fresh.

17. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED? Probably my first camera.

18. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? Yup.

19. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Outlet mall, hear me roar. The brand is immaterial.

20. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU WANT? I hate driving and don't want a car at all. But if you want to give me the equivalent amount in cash I wouldn't say no.

21. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? If I'm falling in love, would I have a choice? Since when has anything practical mattered when you're falling in love.

22. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA? Yes.

23. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Olives, cheese and the combination of dark chocolate and marzipan have been known to make me eat compulsively, Campbell Scott has made me swoon, Mahler's Fifth and Jeff Buckley singing Halleluiah make me cry - will that do?

24. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? Lots - I worked in theater and opera for over twenty years. I'll give you one - Geraldine Page not only an influential talent for me but also warm and gracious.

25. FIRST JOB? Magician (birthday parties and the occasional nursing home). If you would like to begin your work life with humility this is the way to do it.

26. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? Not one I can remember.

27. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE? Are you one of those people who is going to tell me that everything happens for a reason? Yawn.

28. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT? Grocery shopping.

29. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? Twice - sinus.

30. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? Looking younger than I am, my teaching talent, and my extraordinary modesty.

31. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? It's too far away, ask me later.

32. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? None, I see kids at my work and don't need to take any home.

33. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No.

34. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST TURN OFF WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX? Again, if you are asking me about the sex I'm attracted to, you've not asked me the question you intend to. But the answer is equivocation.

35. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU MISS ABOUT GRADE SCHOOL? Playing imaginary games in the school yard during lunch.

36. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE? I don't know. Something with a lot of natural junk in it that doesn't have a conditioner because they make me break out.

37. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It's crap. I hate writing anything by hand. I'm a lefty and it's very inconvenient with a lot of pens you get smudges all over the outside of your hand.

38. ANY BAD HABITS? God, yes.

39. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON? Sometimes.

40. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? It would depend who I was, wouldn't it?

41. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS? My agreement is unimportant and so is your's. But my opinion is that two consenting adults can make any kind of relationship they damn-well please and it's nobody's damn business.

42. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? By scowling, yelling, and screaming, it's usually taken out on inanimate objects and not people.

43. WHAT’S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE? I'm in grad school in my forties. I am not that focused that I have just one main goal.

44. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? Pooh (that's the bear, I was not throwing feces at the walls).

45. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? No idea.

46. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID? Barney? I'm pre-Sesame Street.

47. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? Blech. How old are you, five?

48. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? Yes, thanks.

49. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM? Which room is that? I have a lap top, it goes where I go.

50. PLANS FOR TONIGHT? Dinner, getting the place cleaned up for Mother's Day. Mom is coming for brunch tomorrow.

51. WHAT’S THE FASTEST YOU’VE EVER GONE IN A CAR? 80 ish.

52. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? The Ragazzo tinkling on the piano and singing.

53. LAST THING YOU DRANK? Glass of wine.

54. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT? Tired.

55. DO YOU HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM OR A HIGH SELF ESTEEM? Depends on the day and the arena. I consider emphasis on self esteem misplaced. I do aspire do deserving the esteem of others and hope that will sometimes include myself.

56. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Fools of Fortune by William Trevor.


Play along if you have a spare hour.

No comments: