Friday, July 13, 2007

Medicine Chest - in case you develop the vapours



In one of the B&Bs where we stayed in Ireland, this medicine chest sat on the dressing table, yes we had a dressing table in the room. We also had a chaise lounge on which we could collapse with the vapours before taking one of these powders.

Is this Joseph Cornell, or what? Here's his:




And now that I've started with Cornell, I just can't resist one more. Couldn't this be the castle where you would find this chest?




One day I'll do a post on the magician Joseph Cornell but I'll be here all day so right now, I'll refer you to Sheila's excellent post at The Sheila Variations instead. Somehow, she's referencing Cornell today too. Great minds...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying your pics and posts of your recent holiday. Thanks for this link - I love Cornell's works so I will definitely be going over to check that post.

Sheila O'Malley said...

There's a big piece in the Times today about Cornell, Ted - did you see it? Big show of his in Salem Mass!

Ted said...

Sheila - No, I didn't. I'll have to look at it!