Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bookish New York



If and when any of you bookish types visit my fair city, today's New York Times has an article about the jewels in the crown of our library system. The big 42nd Street branch really is worth a look. Both it and the Performing Arts Library at Lincoln Center offer exhibits that are usually interesting AND (a big plus in NYC) it's free, free, free. The Morgan Library isn't bad either and they're all way less crowded than the Met Museum or Times Square.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh New York, how I miss you! It's been 7 years since I was there.

The study room is beautiful with high ceiling. I think it's about time to make a visit. And yes, I had to elbow my way into the metro museum last time!

Ted said...

Intrepid traveler that you are, it's time for another visit!

Katherine said...

I agree, the NY Public library is beautiful. I used to work over near there, and on my lunch breaks I'd go and wander around inside.