Thursday, January 3, 2008

Moving On

I had to do my duty today and figure out if I was going to read the "current reading" pictured in my side bar currently. I really thought I would want to finish Ruth M. J. Byrne's The Rational Imagination over break, having enjoyed reading parts of it last semester for my research, but too many sentences with the words "conditional," "biconditional," and "material implication" have made me decide that I really don't . I just cannot pick my way through a verbal forest of logical statements right now. I also thought I would read the second and third books in the Abhorsen Trilogy of Garth Nix because I had enjoyed the first book Sabriel so much. It seems I am not in a fantasy sort of mood either. Heat and Dust by Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, Imperium by Ryszard Kapuscinski - it is my first by him, and Oliver Sacks' Musicophilia are where I have alighted. Side bar pictures appropriately altered. Reports to follow.

1 comment:

Sheila O'Malley said...

Imperium's awesome.

Watch for the section about how cognac is made. That's when I fell in love with his writing.