Saturday, January 12, 2008

Food and Drink meme - indulge yourself!

As you know if you visit me with any frequency, I like to cross-polinate my reading communities - mix a little literature with my neuroscience, a little cognitive psychology with my theater and, as I have begun reading some wine and food blogs recently, my wine with my....well, whatever - there is a wine for every occassion! Or at least I hope so. So, without further ado, I bring you this meme courtesy of eat drink one woman (slightly altered for my community of readers).

What did you eat/drink today?

A bowl of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and kiwis w/ a little kefir on top (it's like yogurt), a piece of bread w/ Rochetta cheese (yum), Keemun Panda tea (a black tea), a few almonds, some turkey and mustard and cornichon for lunch, some cerignola olives and a glass of sauvignon blanc for a snack. For dinner and I'm meeting a friend for dinner (Italian) so I don't know yet!


What do you never eat/drink?

Brains, coconut (blech), pink grapefruit in the morning (otherwise ok), bad canned soup, fast food (life's too short), bad wine (why?)


Favorite failsafe thing to cook (if you cook) or defrost if you don't:

Pasta with either scallions and tomatoes or sardines, lemon and parmigiano, or some chicken breasts with cumin, lime juice and flat leaf parsley

Complete this sentence: In my refrigerator, you can always find:
Water, mustard, cheese, olives, white wine, tamari, something yogurt-like


What is your favorite kitchen item?

My 9 cm wusfhof kitchen knife, my teapot from Vermont, my gorgeous All Clad stainless steel sautee pan


Where would you recommend eating out - either on home turf or elsewhere?

'ino on Bedford Street, Wallse on W. 11th Street (NYC), Les Olives near St. Paul de Vence in Provence, or this fantastic restaurant I ate in in Rome off a side street by the Coliseum - have the buccatini all'amatriciana (best meal ever)


World ends tomorrow. What would you like for your last meal?

A tomato-peppar martini (only at the Wallse bar), fantastic red wine, really cold water, olives, oysters on the half-shell, tuna tartar, a fantastic roast lamb dish, a cheese course, apricots, raspberries, very dark chocolate something, marzipan, espresso (who cares if I'm up all night? It's the last meal!)

No comments: